OMG KOTTERI!!!! (◡‿◡✿)
I’d like to think Aya and Razer can be capable of making and/or adopting both organic children and mecha children someday. (`v`) Because fandom is freedom and I love all these baby headcanons omggg.
But not without Razer saying an insensitive thing as always, and then ruining everyone’s day.
I stayed up late writing a detailed novel called
“How to drive away your tumblr followers in 30 seconds: By drawing nothing but Aya x Razer fanart: A Memoir”
We wanted to get this into another webisode, but have some external business things that keep delaying that.
Briefly here’s an update:
1. Paypal updates are forthcoming, we’re letting a few prominent members of the community talk with our account manager on behalf of the community. If this still won’t be enough proof for you, we’ve been told that we can probably get featured in their upcoming app gallery on Paypal’s website. They’re building it now, so it might take a while.
2. Packages – There’s still a lot of debate on if these are realistic. First thing we need to point out is that we (SMGO) will indeed have to purchase the licensing rights for these packages – and we have planned to do so from the start. It is now explained in the FAQ (http://www.smgo.tv/learn/faq) on the site if you have more questions
3. The Goal – The other main source of resistance has been the sheer size of the goal. A lot of people feel that this goal is simply unattainable, and therefore not worth trying to achieve. That is a self-defeating prophecy. We determined this goal based on the sheer size of YJ’s active viewing audience and the estimated production costs.
4. New name and Picture for the campaign – We know that not everyone can contribute monetarily, but it was suggested early on that we might be able to engage the artistic side of the community by asking for some media to replace the (mundane) picture we have up in the box on the save YJ page. If you’re interested and are up to a challenge here are the rules:
a. No characters,or logos (even the font is not acceptable)
b. (Respectful) Hashtags are encouraged
c. Inside Jokes are encouraged
d. Nothing obscene – keep it clean
e. If you want to claim credit for a piece, put it in the bottom right.
We can wait to see your ideas and work ! Start to post on our Facebook wall!
5. Q&A – we want to set up a quick Q&A session sometime this week – likely Wednesday night. Might do a uStream or IRC, if there is a preference please let us know. Topics will be about us, and things related to this fan campaign.
Dave and Chehin
I saw in the comments that there’s discussion of changing the Q&A from Wednesday to Friday, which I think would work better for most people. Thought I’d also let you know that I’m one of the people speaking to the account manager. Anyway, hopefully all this division in this usually very compassionate fandom will be cleared up soon.
Reading up on these concerns, and thanks for speaking to Dave about them!
Though I think it really isn’t as much as people not being compassionate, as much as people being hesitant about the policies, wanting clarification. Especially since, like other have said before, the relationship between corporations and shows getting green-lighted is very toxic right now :C
Yet, definitely if you guys can afford to, and want to get active to getting YJ and eventually, GLTAS back, do pledge!
Indeed! T___T And honestly, I got a little concerned beacuse I think some people said they were already donating? and then someone else said the donation program was not official and that it was canceled, etc etc… I mean, as I said, I’m not fully aware of the details, but perhaps for both DC and WB it would be more attractive to see that people are spending their money on official GL merchandise in general, and not risking it in those uncertain programs? I dunno, I mean, I really hope the donation programs help for both YJ and GLTAS, but welp, WB didn’t give much support to that, so perhaps we can summon buying other GL merchandise to the whole strategy.yes, Typette was mentioning that people need to maybe buy some GL merch, though the problem was the GL movie didn’t do well and that was one of the factors why GLTAS didn’t continue? Corporations being buttfaces :C
Okay, here’s some clarification:
The GL movie did not do well, overall. It eventually broke even (to the point where they’re even considering following through on a sequel. But that is completely dependent on whether or not Justice League gets made, which in turn is dependent on IF Man of Steel does well enough to justify everything) but domestically, it wasn’t a huge, MCU-esque success right out the gate. There were a number of factors that played a part in this, mind you, largely Executive Meddling who didn’t get the character or the concept. But I digress.
The merchandise was crappy quality, but that’s par for the course with Mattel. Mattel, never learning from its mistakes, handled the merchandising horribly. They put obscure characters in the 1st wave of the better, 6” movie figures (Rot Lop Fan, anyone?), and the 3 3/4” toys were awful blobs of poorly painted plastic. The stuff sold poorly and lingered on shelves well until Thanksgiving of that year.
Understandably, retailers thought anything GL was poison. Hence why they largely passed on potential GLTAS merchandise.
Consider though, that the toys could have still sold horribly even if the movie was well-received: ‘Thor’, for instance, was an all-around well-received film, yet the toys sold just as badly as GL’s did. (At least, where I lived, they did) So quality of movie =/= toy sales, but that depends.
So if people are going to point fingers at companies for the GLTAS cancellation mess, blame Mattel for their epic failure in handling the movie’s toy line.
P.s I saw Mattel’s stuff for Man of Steel. They truly never do learn, do they?
My bad, yeah though you guys are right.
It’s several factors/collective of WB/Mattel/Execs not understanding the story/characters / crap toys
Aka EVERYTHING IS TERRIBLE: GOODBYE